Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Memo to government: the tide rolled in without you!

Despite all the hooh-hah about the horrors of a government shutdown, I awoke this morning to a blue sky, white clouds, and a tide that rolled in on time, all of which put me in mind of Eliza Doolittle singing to Henry Higgins:


Without your pulling it, the tide comes in 
Without your twirling it, the earth can spin 
Without your pushing them, the clouds roll by, 
If they can do without you, ducky, so can I!

I shall not feel alone without you 
I can stand on my own without you
So go back in your shell 
I can do bloody well without....

Yes, without Henry Higgins, Harry Reid, John Boehner, Barack Obama, and several hundred thousand federal employees, all my surroundings seem to be firmly in place. As a wiser president once said: "Let them shut it down, and we'll see if anyone notices."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home