Monday, January 16, 2012

This is going to be wow

I only get twenty free articles a month on the New York Times (I be danged if I am going to pay for propaganda!) and I just wasted my nineteenth on one entitled Wikipedia to go dark on Wednesday I thought it was Wikileaks that was going down! But no matter; the story was good for a laugh.

It seems that in response to the U.S. Congress's temerity in debating an internet piracy act, the Good People are going on strike. "This is going to be wow," said one of Wiki's founders, in the penetrating diction we have come to expect of the wowsters of today. I am reminded of two earlier shutdowns. There was John Galt in Atlas Shrugged; he led America's capitalists on a strike against meddling bureaucrats. Then there was the governmental shut-down during the Reagan administration, in anticipation of which the president quipped: "Let's see if anyone notices!"

Well! Wiki will go dark! Is it wow, or will nobody notice beyond those high-schoolers with book reports due on Thursday? Blue skies! -- Dan Ford

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home