Monday, November 28, 2011

Climate 2.0

Mostly I'm amused by the fuss over what was once called Global Warming but now goes by the name of Climate Change. (It seems that the temperature can go down as well as up!) I regard it as sour grapes by my classmates who have retired to Florida and are now miffed that the climate at home might be getting a bit more tolerable.

But here's the thing: I read the front page of the New York Times online every morning, and I never saw a mention of what the wits are calling Climategate 2.0, a second batch of hacked emails from the University of East Anglia in England. So I went to the NYT website and did a search. The only thing I could find is this blog: Another Treaty Negotiation, Another Batch of Climate Science E-Mail, which is interesting enough but begs the question. Where's the front-page news story? Does the Gray Lady, whose home page today includes a Paul Krugman essay on "Things to Tax," really find this so uninteresting? Blue skies! -- Dan Ford

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home