Friday, April 03, 2009

two rebels in the County Cork

My father was one of the 'Old IRA' who succeeded in shaking most of Ireland free from British rule in 1921, then dismally failed to stop a compromise called the Irish Free State. So he sold the farm and emigrated to America. Toward the end of his life, he wrote a memoir of his youth in Ireland, and in his safe-deposit box he left a haunting photo of a young woman--not my mother! I spun these two discoveries into Michael's War, which was published in 2003, and more recently as an e-book for Amazon's Kindle Reader and the Mobipocket format.

Now I find that it's possible to put the novel online as a PDF file that can be read on any computer, which I did yesterday. It's a five-dollar download from Lulu.com, less than a third the cost of the paperback edition, without the need for any dedicated hardware or software. Blue skies! -- Dan Ford

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home