Friday, March 20, 2009

a scary nuance

In an interview with the German newsmagazine Der Spiegel this week, our Homeland Security secretary explained why she no longer finds it necessary to speak of terrorism:

'SPIEGEL: Madame Secretary, in your first testimony to the US Congress as Homeland Security Secretary you never mentioned the word "terrorism." Does Islamist terrorism suddenly no longer pose a threat to your country?

'Napolitano: Of course it does. I presume there is always a threat from terrorism. In my speech, although I did not use the word "terrorism," I referred to "man-caused" disasters. That is perhaps only a nuance, but it demonstrates that we want to move away from the politics of fear toward a policy of being prepared for all risks that can occur.'

Somehow, that makes me more afraid, not less. Blue skies! -- Dan Ford

1 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. I'm right beside you on that one. Napolitano is still looking North, and this left-wing PC double think will be the death of us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home