Sunday, March 22, 2009

the rich get richer


When I first saw this photo, I thought, oh, the slackers! Then I realized that each kid was working on her laptop: how sweet! Then I returned to sanity and decided that, no, she was 'friending' a stranger on Facebook. (Or maybe each girl is 'friending' one of the other slackers in the hall. It's a suspicion I often have when I see the students jaywalking downtown with cellphones clamped to their ears: that each is actually having a conversation with the student beside him!)

Anyhow, the story in the New York Times this morning tells us how, in the rush to get stimulus funds out the door, the school aid is being disbursed without much attention to who really needs it. The illustrated high school, I gather, is one of the wealthier ones. Our money must really be going to waste, if even the NYT has taken notice. Blue skies! -- Dan Ford

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home