Friday, July 06, 2007

Domenici eyes the exit sign

In a curious editorial, the Associated Press tells us:

WASHINGTON - In another setback to President Bush's increasingly unpopular war strategy, GOP stalwart Sen. Pete Domenici said he wants to see an end to combat operations and U.S. troops heading home from Iraq by spring.

The longtime New Mexico senator is the latest of several party loyalists and former war supporters to abandon Bush on Iraq in the past 10 days.

Oh, sorry! That wasn't an editorial; it was a 'news' story.

At first I thought I'd slept through a couple of news cycles, but no; read on, and we find that 'several party loyalists and former war supporters' refers to senators Lugar and Voinovich, full stop. In high school I was taught that two was 'a couple' or 'a few'. 'Several' meant four or five or more.

And to think that I'd switched my headline service to the AP because I found Reuters too slanted in its 'reporting'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home