Sunday, November 15, 2015

A hidden feature of Windows 10

Well, this morning I decided to prepare for next month's ski trip by checking out my laptop. Good thing I did! It couldn't connect to the internet. How baroque is that? So I turned to the desktop and Googled the problem. It seems to be a known feature of Windows 10, which I installed a few weeks ago, luckily within the 30-day rollback period. Now I'm running Windows 7 again -- and connected to the internet. Glad I didn't discover this feature in the airport!

2 Comments:

At 1:46 AM, Blogger Dimestore Liam said...

I'm so glad I looked at your blog today, and saw this post! Apparently my quasi-luddite paranoia is justified; now I have an actual reason to give when friends & family wonder why I have steadfastly refused to upgrade. Thank you, Mr. Ford!

Incidentally, the reason I took a look at your blog today is that I have finally begun to read your book 'Flying Tigers'. I'd be shocked if you remembered this, but roughly 10 or 12 years ago you suggested that I might find it interesting during a conversation we had on some on-line forum or other (I've forgotten which one). I had quite enjoyed 'The Only War We've Got', which I had then recently finished reading, and am really looking forward to the present book. I am happy to see that you are still quite active; I will bookmark this blog, so perhaps I'll take another look at a later time. Good luck to you, sir!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Daniel Ford said...

Always happy to be of some use! I was quite surprised at the glitch, because I've been reading rave reviews about Win 10. Perhaps it will shake out in a month or several.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home