Sunday, December 18, 2011

A tip of the hat to Tebow

I only learned who Mr. Tebow was, and what "Tebowing" means, because I went skiing in Colorado last week, and all Coloradans seem to be Denver Bronco fans. So I was piqued that the Gray Lady herself would put Mr. Tebow on the front page of her online edition, with the tag line of "Keeping Religion Out of Football." (The implication seems to be that Mr. Tebow is as much of a threat to athletics as that Sandusky chap at Penn State.) I was particularly broken up by this quote:

“I sit at home, start watching TV and all I’m seeing is Tebow. That’s kind of disturbing. We have a guy here that’s breaking records every week and you have a guy in Tebow that’s saying ‘God’ every word and he gets coverage. Of course I love my faith and God, but come on man.”

“You see him and he’s patting everybody on the back saying, ‘You’re going to make this catch. I promise because God said,’ and he makes it happen. Stuff like that. It confuses people.”
Now I'm confused! It's bad to make a catch happen? I'm not much of a football fan, but isn't that exactly what a player is supposed to do? Blue skies! -- Dan Ford

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home