Friday, October 22, 2010

'If I've lost Maureen Tucker, I've lost Rolling Stone!'

I've never before heard of Maureen Tucker, nor the Velvet Underground, and I've only once before read Rolling Stone (that being the story that brought General Petraeus to Afghanistan). But if I were Barack Obama, I'd be having nightmares about this interview:

"I disagree with spending / borrowing / printing — damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead! I disagree with the 'we won' attitude, which is the cowardly way of saying fuck you," Tucker said of the Obama presidency. "I disagree with an administration that for twenty months blames Bush. If the president and his minions are so damn smart, why didn't they know the severity of the situation? The president has actually said (and I saw it on video) that they didn't know!" Tucker added that she's not usually conservative-leaning. "I have voted Democrat all my life, until I started listening to what Obama was promising and started wondering how the hell will this utopian dream land be paid for? For those who actually believe that their taxes won't go up in order to pay for all this insanity: good luck," Tucker said.
Blue skies! -- Dan Ford

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home